TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND SERVICE
Latest revision: January 2018
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN ALL SALES AND SERVICE CONTRACTS TO THE EXCLUSION OF OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. OUR QUOTATIONS AND ESTIMATES ARE NOT OFFERS CAPABLE OF ACCEPTANCE BY YOU, AND ANY ORDER PLACED BY
YOU WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY OUR WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF SUCH ORDER.
- The definition of terms used, interpretation of this agreement and rights of parties hereto shall be construed under and governed by the Uniform Commercial Code of the State of Alabama. "Seller" when used herein means Kinedyne LLC. "Purchaser"
when used herein means the person or entity purchasing or receiving goods and/or services from Seller. "Goods" means the equipment, products, articles, supplies or other property sold by Seller to Purchaser under an order. "Services" means the
services provided by Seller to Purchaser under an order. "Contract" means the purchase order or purchase agreement between Seller and Purchaser for Goods and/or Services.
- Seller’s quotations and estimates are not offers and are subject to change or withdrawal without notice before an order is acknowledged by Seller. If Seller’s proposal is deemed to constitute an offer, it may be accepted only on terms set forth
in such proposal, including, without limitation, these Terms and Conditions. If Seller’s proposal constitutes an acceptance of an offer, such acceptance is expressly conditioned on Purchaser’s assent to the terms of such proposal, including,
without limitation, these Terms and Conditions. An acceptance of any part of the Goods or Services covered hereunder shall be deemed to constitute such assent. Any additional and/or different terms and conditions proposed by Purchaser and/or
any attempt by Purchaser to vary any of these terms and conditions shall be deemed a material alteration and is hereby objected to and rejected unless expressly agreed by Seller in writing. Only variations or modifications to the Contract made
in writing and signed by Seller and Purchaser shall be enforceable.
- Unless otherwise agreed by Seller in writing, Seller’s prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without advance notice at any time prior to order acknowledgment. Seller reserves the right to adjust the invoice price, after the price is
quoted and/or acknowledged, to take account of any material variation in Seller’s costs beyond Seller’s reasonable control since the date of the quotation or (if no quotation is issued) the order acknowledgement, and the invoice so adjusted
shall be payable as if the price set out therein were the original contract price. Prices do not include applicable taxes and are subject to increase without notification by the amount of any sales, excise or other tax or duty levied or charged
by any governmental agency and are subject to any price adjustment necessitated by Seller’s compliance with any government action.
- Any action for breach of contract hereunder must be commenced within one year after the cause of action has accrued or they are waived. Any failure by Seller to enforce its rights under this Contract will not be deemed a waiver of such rights.
- All disputes arising under or in connection with this Contract shall be resolved by (a) good-faith negotiations by knowledgeable, responsible representatives of each party who are fully authorized to settle any such dispute, or (b) in the event
such negotiations do not resolve such dispute within a thirty (30) day period (or such longer period as the parties may agree), binding arbitration held in Chicago, Illinois, by a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties, conducted in
accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each party shall bear its own costs of these procedures; the parties shall equally split the fees of the arbitration and the arbitrator. Notwithstanding
the above, either party shall have the right to seek a temporary restraining order or an injunction related to the purposes of this Contract, to compel compliance with confidentiality obligations, or to file suit to compel compliance with this
dispute resolution process.
- Purchaser may not assign, novate or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations under this Contract without Seller’s prior written consent, and any attempt to do so shall be null and void and of no effect.
- Purchaser cannot cancel Contracts under any circumstances without Purchaser first reaching an agreement in writing with Seller covering Seller’s damages. Unless a cancellation schedule is agreed in the Contract, such agreement for cancellation
charges must reimburse Seller for all expenses incurred, including, but not limited to, costs of purchased materials, labor costs, engineering costs, third-party service costs, and a reasonable mark-up to cover overhead and profit.
DRAWINGS, DESIGNS AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- All of Seller’s specifications, designs, drawings and indications of physical, chemical and electronic properties ("the Designs") are made in good faith and are approximate indications only and are not binding in detail unless Seller has agreed
in writing to a particular Design upon which Purchaser has indicated it is relying; Seller shall be entitled to vary the same and/or to correct errors and omissions provided the Goods remain in substantial conformity with the contractual requirements.
- The Designs and all other designs, drawings, know-how, technologies, proprietary information and other intellectual property concerning Seller’s products or services (including all patents, copyright, design right, know-how, trade secret and other
intellectual property in them) are and shall remain, as between the parties, the sole property of Seller. Purchaser is not entitled, licensed or authorized to make any use of the Designs or other intellectual property of Seller other than for
the use of the Goods and/or Services as contemplated by this Contract.
- Unless specifically agreed in writing otherwise, any inventions, modifications, improvements, techniques, know-how or intellectual property rights affecting Seller’s products or services made or gained in the course of performing this Purchase
Agreement shall belong to Seller absolutely.
- Neither party shall disclose to third parties or use for its own purposes any confidential or proprietary information of the other party without the prior written consent of the other party.
SHIPMENT, PAYMENT AND CREDIT
- Credit Terms of Payment: All orders shall be subject to credit approval by Seller in its sole discretion. Unless specifically agreed otherwise in this Contract, payment terms are net thirty (30) days from date of invoice. Unless specifically agreed
otherwise in this Contract, payment shall be in U.S. funds by ACH, wire transfer or irrevocable Letter of Credit, confirmed by a major U.S. Bank. Seller may allow payment by check at its discretion. Seller may add to the amount past due any
costs associated with collection thereof, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Seller may, in its sole discretion, accept payment for Goods and Services by payment in advance or by money-down with scheduled progress payments.
- If Purchaser fails to fulfill the terms of payment, or if at any time before payment in full is made (whether or not payment is yet due) a petition is presented or resolution passed for the winding up or bankruptcy of Purchaser, or in the event
of the appointment of a receiver or administrator of Purchaser’s business, Seller may defer further shipment or, at its option, cancel the unshipped balance. Seller reserves the right prior to making any shipments to require from Purchaser satisfactory
security for performance of Purchaser’s obligation. In the event of cancellation in accordance with the provisions hereof, or in the event of non-payment (in full or in part) for the Goods by the due date, Purchaser hereby irrevocably licenses
Seller (insofar as it is able) to enter upon any premises to repossess the Goods. No failure of Seller to exercise any right accruing from any default of Purchase shall impair Seller’s right in case of any shipment default of Purchaser.
- Unless specifically agreed otherwise in this Contract, all sales are F.O.B. Seller’s shipping point. Title to and risk of loss of the Goods shall transfer to Purchaser upon departure of the Goods from Seller’s facility.
- While expected dates of delivery of goods are given in good faith, the same are not of the essence of or in any way terms of this Contract or representations of fact. All shipping dates given are approximate, and while effort is made to maintain
schedules, Seller will not be liable for damages on account of delay. In case of delay by Purchaser in furnishing complete schedules, materials or information, delivery dates may be extended for a reasonable time. Seller shall not be responsible
for reasonable or excusable delays nor shall the Purchaser refuse to accept delivery because of any such delays. Excusable delays include, without limitation, delays resulting from accidents, fires, floods, severe weather or other acts of God,
strike, lockout or other labor difficulties, embargoes, government controls or other forms of intervention, inability to obtain labor, materials or services and other causes beyond Seller’s control. If there is a scarcity in any of its products
or goods, Seller will allocate its available supply in its sole discretion.
- Purchaser shall inspect Goods and Services within ten (10) business days after delivery of Goods and completion of Services and notify Seller in writing of any defects or any failure of the Goods or Services to conform to the requirements of this
Contract. All claims by Purchaser for shortages in a shipment of Goods or Goods damaged in transit must be made against the carrier. All claims by Purchaser against Seller for nonconforming Goods or Services and claims for shortages in a shipment
or damaged Goods (other than claims to be made against the carrier) must be made in writing to Seller within ten (10) business days after receipt of shipment or Purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted such Goods and Services and any claims
for nonconforming Goods or Services shall be waived.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT THE MERCHANTABILITY OF ITS PRODUCTS AND DOES NOT WARRANT THE FITNESS OF THE PRODUCTS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SELLER DOES NOT MAKE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES, ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY
CONTAINED HEREIN OR OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED BY SELLER IN WRITING.
WARRANTY OF SELLER’S GOODS AND SERVICES
- Except as specifically agreed or specified by Seller otherwise, Seller warrants that Goods sold by Seller shall conform to specifications agreed in writing and shall be free from material defect in material and workmanship for a period of six
(6) months from date of shipment (the "Warranty Period"). In the event of breach of such warranty, Seller’s sole responsibility shall be to either repair or replace, at Seller’s option, any nonconforming Goods. Upon notification that a product
has been found to be defective, an authorized return number will be issued by Seller prior to return of product. Seller will issue a Return Authorization and confirm the location the product should be returned via Prepaid freight.
- This warranty does not extend to any product which has been subjected to misuse, abuse, accident, negligence, exposure to the elements or chemicals, alteration or unauthorized repair. Seller shall be under no liability for breach of the warranty
set forth herein for wearing and consumable parts or to the extent any damage or nonconformity is caused by: (i) improper installation (if installed by other than Seller), use, maintenance and/or service; (ii) modification or alteration by other
than Seller; (iii) delays in notifying Seller of the alleged defect; (iv) equipment, component, materials or parts supplied by or on behalf of Purchaser; and/or (v) failure to perform proper long-term maintenance per Seller’s instructions.
- If Purchaser informs Seller of a defect after the Warranty Period has expired, then Seller may, in its discretion, offer advice (free of charge) and repair or replacement of goods or additional services at Purchaser’s expense.
- There are no third party beneficiaries of the warranty granted by Seller herein. DUE TO VARYING ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND APPLICATIONS, IT IS NOT UNUSUAL TO EXPERIENCE VARYING DEGREES OF RUSTING OR WEAR ON CERTAIN METAL PRODUCTS AND/OR THEIR
COMPONENTS DURING OR AFTER THE WARRANTY PERIOD. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WARRANTY OF OTHER MANUFACTURER’S PRODUCTS
- Except as expressly agreed by Seller otherwise, Seller makes no warranties or representations of any kind whatsoever, either expressed, implied or statutory on any component parts or accessories sold hereunder which are not manufactured by Seller.
Seller hereby extends the manufacturer’s warranty or guaranties, if any, given to Seller by the manufacturer of said component parts and accessories, but only to the extent Seller would be able to enforce such warranty or guaranties itself.
Seller does not guaranty warranties of other manufacturers’ products. Claims under any manufacturer’s warranty shall be made in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements regarding the return, repair or replacement of the goods. Seller
agrees to cooperate with Purchaser in enforcing any claims against manufacturer(s) for defects that may occur.
- Seller shall indemnify and hold Purchaser harmless from loss, claim, cost, expense or damage (including payment of reasonable attorneys’ fees) suffered or incurred by Purchaser and arising from any injury, death or property damage but only to
the extent caused by any defect in the design or manufacture of the Goods or any negligent act or omission in the performance of the Services, provided that Seller shall have no obligation to indemnify or hold Purchaser harmless to the extent
any loss, claim, cost, expense or damage arises from or is caused by any specification, material, information or instruction provided by or on behalf of Purchaser.
- Seller shall indemnify and hold Purchaser harmless from loss, claim, cost, expense or damage (including payment of reasonable attorneys’ fees) suffered or incurred by Purchaser and arising from any claim of infringement of a third party’s intellectual
property rights but only to the extent caused by the Goods or Services (including the Designs) provided by Seller hereunder, provided that Seller shall have no obligation to indemnify or hold Purchaser harmless to the extent any loss, claim,
cost, expense or damage arises from or is caused by any specification, material, information or instruction provided by or on behalf of Purchaser, by Purchaser’s combination of the Goods and/or Services with materials not supplied by Seller
or by Purchaser’s use of the Goods and/or Services other than as instructed by Seller or contemplated by this Contract. In the event Seller reasonably deems any Goods or Services to infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights, Seller
may, in its sole discretion, either license Purchaser to use the infringing content or modify the Goods or Services so as not to infringe.
- Seller’s total liability for any and all claims, damages, losses and injuries arising out of or relating to Seller’s performance or breach of any term herein shall not exceed the price of the Goods and Services provided hereunder. IN NO EVENT,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR LIQUIDATED, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR COSTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (1) LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL; (2)
LOSS OF USE OF EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES; (3) LOSS OF VEHICLE OR CARGO, OR (4) LOSS RESULTING FROM UNUSABLE MACHINERY OR FACILITY DOWNTIME, HOWSOEVER CAUSED AND EVEN IF THE POTENTIAL FOR SUCH DAMAGES WAS DISCLOSED AND/OR KNOWN.
- Some jurisdictions provide rights in addition to those listed above, or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, or liability for incidental or consequential damages. If any provision or part of a provision of these terms
is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such provision or part of a provision shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these terms and shall in no way affect the legality,
validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.